Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oh Hallowed Halo

Halo is sacred in our house. We own all but the newest game. Now, here's the part where I admit how much of a geek I am: Who loves Firefly?! I DO! Yea, I was heart broken that it got cut short. One close friend even has a spoof on the intro song that I sometimes can't get out of my head, which can be inconvenient as it's not a PG rated version of the lyrics. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for Captain Mal, maybe I just like the sci-fi cowboy atmosphere.

So what do these two things have in common? Everything.

Now here's a little test of your Halo knowledge. Did you know that Nathan Fillion, aka Mal, is a Halo fan? Or maybe the Halo developers are fans of Firefly... Fillion's voice is featured in Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach. You can enjoy his vocals in Buck in ODST and as Gunner Sgt. Buck in Reach.

I discovered this one day as I idly crafting while the fiance was playing ODST. My keens ears picked up on a beloved and familiar voice. This knowledge was confirmed when my fiance bet me it wasn't true, so I looked it up. Haha, I win. But the relationship with Halo and Firefly doesn't stop there.

Alan Tudky, aka Wash, also stars in ODST as the voice of Mickey, and generally as "marines" in Halo 3. And, AND Adam Baldwin, aka Jayne, voices for "marines" in Halo 3, as well as Dutch in ODST. Woah, geek overload here!

Use that trivia next time you're in a jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment